[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/bullseyeglass.com/www/libraries/loader.php on line 140: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/bullseyeglass.com/www/libraries/loader.php on line 140: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
bullseyeglass.com • View topic - cold kiln annealing

cold kiln annealing

For discussion of processes related to using Bullseye glass, including kilnforming and kilncasting, torchwork, blowing and stained glass.

cold kiln annealing

Postby thunderglassstudio » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:13 am

Hi everyone. I have a question and would like feedback.I have a kiln that fires "cold" so if I program for 1000 it's like the temperature only gets to 975, so I adjust the firing schedule accordingly.
I have not done a cone test. So if I was to anneal bullseye at a set temp in my "cold kiln" @ 925 degrees (wanting 900 degrees as the anneal temp) and if I am wrong about the temperatures (that 25 degrees) do you think the piece will anneal sufficiently? Since they adjust the annealing temps some time back, does annealing in the range between 900 to 960 still provide a stable anneal??

Kathy
thunderglassstudio

Re: cold kiln annealing

Postby martykremer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Annealing is a shotgun approach. I think you'd be fine anywhere in the 900 to 960 range.
But (there's always a but) if you'll be doing temp sensitive stuff you should probably fix the problem. How about a new thermocouple?
martykremer

Return to Technique