bullseyeglass.com • View topic - Fire Schedule Evenheat Studio Pro 41

Fire Schedule Evenheat Studio Pro 41

For discussion of processes related to using Bullseye glass, including kilnforming and kilncasting, torchwork, blowing and stained glass.

Fire Schedule Evenheat Studio Pro 41

Postby lexa » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:12 pm

Hello! I recently purchased a new kiln, the Evenheat Studio Pro 41. The kiln has both top and side elements, is composed of firebrick, and has a ceramic shelf. The shelf sits about 12 inches from the top elements. I will be fusing 6 mm Teka sheets with Frit designs. The Sheets are 12x17 inches. Anyone have large kiln firing schedules for both tack and full fuse for a piece like this? I found one but it seemed absurdly long, 30 hours!
lexa

Re: Fire Schedule Evenheat Studio Pro 41

Postby marykaynitchie » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:04 am

I suggest that you start out with the Basic Tack Fuse Firing Schedule suggested in our Fusing Basics video. You can vary the process temperature based on how much texture you want in your result. Watch the free video here: https://videos.bullseyeglass.com/videos/fusing-basics/

The diameter of your piece should not affect the firing schedule too much, unless your piece is very close to the kiln elements. The variation in the thickness of the piece is important to consider, and the variation in thickness is accounted for in the suggested Basic Tack Fuse Firing Schedule shown in the video.

I hope this helps!

Mary Kay
Mary Kay Nitchie
Bullseye Glass Co.

Subscribe to Bullseye kiln-glass videos at
bit.ly/BullVideos
marykaynitchie

Re: Fire Schedule Evenheat Studio Pro 41

Postby blueheronglass » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:14 am

I have a Studio Pro 41 computer with TAP controller. I have found that the controller won't let me fire at 30 degrees per hour and Jim at Evenheat says it won't go slower than 70 degrees per hour. I am attempting to slump a 22 X 30 X .25 inch Bullseye piece over a fiber blanket mold that is about 8 inches deep. Can you suggest a firing schedule that will work? I have cracked 2 attempts.

THANKS
Christie
blueheronglass

Return to Technique