bullseyeglass.com • View topic - opaline striker

opaline striker

For discussion of processes related to using Bullseye glass, including kilnforming and kilncasting, torchwork, blowing and stained glass.

opaline striker

Postby ilmcreations » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi everyone... So glad we have this forum!!!
Has anyone used the opaline striker over dichroics yet? I read that opaline creates a silver shimmer. So I wonder how people have used yet and to please post pics. Would the thin just had a silver shimmer to let's say turquoise or red? Thank you much!!
ilmcreations

Re: opaline striker

Postby Betty W » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Yes I tried it and it "frosted" or turned more dense white than I would have liked - you can see the dichros under neath, but not much sparkle. One I tried came out exceptional, on more of a turquoise crinkle dichro. I understand the higher the temp the more dense it gets, I typically fire at less temps than what I see other people talk about, but I'm going to try again, long long hold, lower temp, and planning to cold work and refire..

Any other experiences? I bought several sheets of the Opaline and now a little tentative on using it.
Betty W

Re: opaline striker

Postby ilmcreations » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:08 am

I understand being tentative since duchro is so expensive. Was your opaline a thin or a 3mm? And do you feel it would make a difference?

Isabelle
ilmcreations

Return to Technique