bullseyeglass.com • View topic - Delphi fusing photo paper

Delphi fusing photo paper

For discussion of processes related to using Bullseye glass, including kilnforming and kilncasting, torchwork, blowing and stained glass.

Delphi fusing photo paper

Postby wendyb » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:42 am

Hi All,

I have been using Delphiglass Fusing photo paper as a way of printing decals for my glasswork and have had very successful results. I have just started selling my work commercially and I have received a large order. However I have just started using a new pack of this paper to apply to Bullseye glass and it is far inferior to the previous packs I have had. The transfer paper is ripping really easily once wet and disintegrating around the edge. The paper is a lot thinner than previous packs I have used and I cannot even wipe over the transfer without it tearing. Does anybody else use this product and if so have they noticed a difference to previous packs? Alternatively does anyone know of a similar product as if Delphi have changed the manufacturer of this product then I need to track down an alternative as it is taking me twice as long do to the same job as previously and this is eating in to my profit. I would be grateful for any suggestions. I am using this paper in a black and white laser printer. Many thanks,

Wendy
wendyb

Re: Delphi fusing photo paper

Postby Monika » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:47 pm

You could try to buy from this company:
http://www.belldecal.com/laser_paper.html
Monika

Postby marykaynitchie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:37 am

Hi Wendy,

Have you contacted Delphi about the problem? They might not be able to do anything to help you immediately, but maybe they can! And feedback like yours may help them solve the problem in the future, which would be good for everyone who uses the product.

Mary Kay
Mary Kay Nitchie
Bullseye Glass Co.

Subscribe to Bullseye kiln-glass videos at
bit.ly/BullVideos
marykaynitchie

Postby Shirley Hendel » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:16 pm

One of our local glass shops had the same problem with a batch they bought. I would contact Delphi...

shirley
Shirley Hendel

Return to Technique