bullseyeglass.com • View topic - Screws for box casting kit

Screws for box casting kit

For discussion of processes related to using Bullseye glass, including kilnforming and kilncasting, torchwork, blowing and stained glass.

Screws for box casting kit

Postby johnmich » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:47 am

Hi all, I bought a Bullseye Box Casting kit about a year or so ago, and I am just now getting around to cracking it open. The kit mentions that I need to use stainless steel screws to hold the box together, but there aren't any in the kit. Does anyone know what size screws (length and width#) I should use for the predrilled holes in the box? Also, any suggestions where to get SS screws (I don't think I have ever seen them in the big box stores or in smaller local hardware stores in the Seattle area).

Thanks!

John
johnmich

Re: Screws for box casting kit

Postby morganica » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:12 am

I don't have the box kit so I'll let others answer that...but you should be able to find stainless steel screws at most hardware stores. The best thing to do is ask because they're not always in an obvious place. I usually get mine at the Ace Hardware down the street.

Whether you find the size you're looking for is another matter, though. You can order just about anything online through places like BoltDepot or McFeely's (if you like square-drive).
morganica

Re: Screws for box casting kit

Postby johnmich » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:42 am

Thanks Cynthia. Actually, Bullseye called me and said they were supposed to be part of the kit and they are going to send me some. They are awesome as always!
johnmich

Return to Technique