bullseyeglass.com • View topic - Bubbles in Bullseye clear billet vs. crystal clear

Bubbles in Bullseye clear billet vs. crystal clear

For discussion of processes related to using Bullseye glass, including kilnforming and kilncasting, torchwork, blowing and stained glass.

Bubbles in Bullseye clear billet vs. crystal clear

Postby info » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:13 am

Hello! Can anyone confirm or otherwise that there are more fine bubbles in bullseye crystal clear casting billet than there are in plain clear casting billet? I need a fairly clear optical result for my project (reverse intaglio casting), and it's my observation that my current stock of clear has less bubbles than crystal clear. Is this just a co-incidence or is it actually a thing? I want to know before I make another order. Many thanks.
info

Re: Bubbles in Bullseye clear billet vs. crystal clear

Postby marykaynitchie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:07 pm

Billets will trap fewer bubbles than Crystal Clear cullet.

Mary Kay
Mary Kay Nitchie
Bullseye Glass Co.

Subscribe to Bullseye kiln-glass videos at
bit.ly/BullVideos
marykaynitchie

Re: Bubbles in Bullseye clear billet vs. crystal clear

Postby gg » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:41 am

Hello,
MK Is right, the billets are your best option for the clearest, most bubble free casting.The nature of the hand made product can give you a little variation from a batch to another but it is maintained within the same range of acceptability. The difference between the 1401 and 1101 is a color difference more than any optical clarity. I hope this helps. Geraldine
gg

Return to Technique