Photo fusing paper

For discussion of processes related to using Bullseye glass, including kilnforming and kilncasting, torchwork, blowing and stained glass.

Photo fusing paper

Postby wendyb » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:32 am

Hi,
I am a glass artist from England, and apart from one faulty batch, I have successfully been using photo fusing paper from Delphi glass for the past two years. However, they have recently changed their supplier and the new paper supplied by Fuseworks Image art moves during the bullseye full fuse firing. This distorts the text I use in my work. As my business involves making personalised pieces for weddings etc, I need a decal paper which will remain stable during the firing. I have been in touch with Delphi and although I have asked them for the name of the original paper supplier, I haven't received this information yet. Can anyone out there help? Does anyone know who used to supply the paper for Delphi a year ago? Or can anyone recommend a laser decal paper from a different supplier? I print my own decals onto the paper with a laser printer, and place the image on 3mm opaque bullesye glass which I cap with a clear piece. I then use a full fuse firing to join the pieces and trap the image. I am desperate to find a different supplier so I would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks,
Wendy :D
wendyb

Re: Photo fusing paper

Postby Doug Randall » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 am

Wendy. This is where I get mine. http://www.beldecal.com/laser_paper.html
Doug Randall

Postby wendyb » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Thanks Doug. I have looked at their site. Do you use text within your work, and if so does it remain stable during firing? I have read mixed reviews on their paper.
wendyb

Postby Doug Randall » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Yes, my text always comes out crisp. I never cap, fire on single layer to 1400F. Encase afterward.
Doug Randall

Postby Leah Powell » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:09 am

Wendy, do these papers give you a sepia or black image on the glass? I've looked at a couple, but they seem to be a sepia color and I'm hoping for black. Thanks,
Leah
Leah Powell

Postby Barry Kaiser » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:15 am

Leah,
All computer fusing paper generates sepia color. The coloring agent in the toner is Iron creating iron oxide...also known as rust!

Barry
Barry Kaiser

Postby sarah mulligan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi There

to those people who have had problems with the thin tissue-like fragile fusing photo paper from Delphi Glass...have you got some still that you would like to sell to me? !!! My hp printer actually likes to print on the crappy paper and gives me better results than the thicker paper everyone else likes. Delphi does not sell the thin stuff anymore and has left me struggling. Please let me know if you have some packages to sell me, it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Sarah
sarah mulligan

Postby Ernsglass » Sat May 28, 2011 6:00 am

When you look at the site that Doug mentions, can anyone tell me which paper from BelDecal that would be the one to use, a clear or a white? I would assume clear and the size would then vary on whatever printer you were able to use successfully. Thanks, Ernie
Ernsglass

Return to Technique