bullseyeglass.com • View topic - Sandblaster advice

Sandblaster advice

For topics that don’t fit in a category above.

Sandblaster advice

Postby donnaeunson » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:07 am

Hello

I am looking at sandblaster cabinets and equipment and will be very grateful for any advice anyone can give me on what to buy. I am hoping to do sandblasting and be able to work deeper and carve part of the designs on my fused glass work.

Thank you.
donnaeunson

Re: Sandblaster advice

Postby martykremer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:40 pm

There are too many variables- How large a cabinet and what kind? Pressure pot or siphon? How large a compressor? Is this for occasional use or production? Got a budget in mind? How much space do you have? How much electricity? Do you need to buy it all ready to go or are you able to fabricate some of the parts?
I suggest reading as much as you can, checking out the archives at Warmglass.com's forum, and taking a class in sandblasting. There are other forums (fora?) for sandblasting glass, you might check Rayzist's site.
By the way, regarding classes, I've sometimes found it useful to book private time with a particular teacher rather than share attention and resources with a class of 5 or 6 or more students. It's much more efficient and you get exactly what YOU need.
martykremer

Return to Chat