bullseyeglass.com • View topic - Request to post educational videos

Request to post educational videos

For topics that don’t fit in a category above.

Request to post educational videos

Postby Sadna » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Mary Kay, Technical papers on educational forum are extremely helpful. Please do keep that up.

When I hear about various classes Bullseye offers, I personally salivate. But I don't live in Oregon and it is not possible for me to come there to take the classes. How about posting the videos of various techniques?

Thank you,
Sadna
Sadna

Re: Request to post educational videos

Postby Jim Jones » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi Sadna,

Thanks for the suggestion. In fact, we are working on some on-line instructional videos. We hope to release this new educational program in December 1, 2010.
Jim Jones
Bullseye Glass Co.
Portland, Oregon, USA
http://www.bullseyeglass.com
Jim Jones

Postby Twin Vision Glass » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:57 am

Just to add some insight from a past instructor who truly enjoyed the thrill of teaching and watching students finally go!!!! OH!!! that is how you do it!!! :roll: :roll: :D I feel the videos will be a wonderful addition to the instructors information package , but still strongly suggest to many new beginner glass enthusiasts to still sign up for many classes available , as the interaction with other artists and other students and especially world class instructors ; will be sooooooo valuable and worth every minute you sit in that classroom setting.
Bullseye has been at the for-front of the educational journey , assisting artists to understand and to gain valuable knowledge in glass casting , fusing, flameworking, and pate de verre, and without their hard work, dedication to experimentation and Research and Development , and a commitment to us all, we would perhaps still be struggling along trying to understand a great deal that happens in the kiln, or in the torch. So the videos will be a wonderful addition, but hopefully others will see them tooo as just one more assisting tool for the instructors to help the students understand more about this fascinating medium, glass.
Leslie
Leslie Rowe-Israelson
Give out FREE hugs!
Twin Vision Glass

Postby joetotale » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:38 am

Jim Jones wrote:Hi Sadna,

Thanks for the suggestion. In fact, we are working on some on-line instructional videos. We hope to release this new educational program in December 1, 2010.

Fantastic news! I'm looking forward to seeing them. I keep checking YouTube etc. for fused glass technique videos and there's not much beyond the basics.
Hi to all at BE from central Scotland :)
J
joetotale

Postby Delberta D » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:02 am

This would be absolutely GREAT. I also do not live in Oregon and I too salivate when seeing especially the free demonstrations held at Bullseye. I can't wait for them to be put on the internet.
Delberta D

Postby admin » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:35 am

Thanks for the encouragement Delberta!

I'm a member of the team that is working on our educational videos and I can say that we're all really excited to show you what we've been building.

Thanks,
Chris
admin

Postby barrygitelson » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:47 pm

This is very exciting news. Living so far out in the middle of the sea I just can not make it to mainland classes and thirst for knowledge.
West side of Mauna Loa
barrygitelson

Postby Twin Vision Glass » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:31 am

Very exciting! cannot waite. :geek: :lol:
Leslie
Leslie Rowe-Israelson
Give out FREE hugs!
Twin Vision Glass

Postby alfeze » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:53 am

I am at least 4000 miles away... I do get to the US sometimes cos we love it there... but at the moment just not enough days to go and get training too... but I have attended a course at the liquid glass center in the UK which was out of this world... but I would still love to see bullseye training too!
Thankyou:-)
alfeze

Postby marykaynitchie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi all,

The date Jim posted above for making the educational videos available was the result of his persistent optimism and should not be taken as a formal announcement. This project will take longer because we need to build a new website to host the videos first. We are making progress, and those on our email list and our Facebook fans will receive announcements when all is ready.

I am so glad you all are excited about online kilnforming-related instructional videos!

Mary Kay
Mary Kay Nitchie
Bullseye Glass Co.

Subscribe to Bullseye kiln-glass videos at
bit.ly/BullVideos
marykaynitchie

Next

Return to Chat