bullseyeglass.com • View topic - Bringing Home Your New Kiln

Bringing Home Your New Kiln

For discussion and commentary regarding the Lesson and Project videos of the Bullseye Kiln-Glass Education Online program.

Re: Bringing Home Your New Kiln

Postby frenchinspiredjewelry » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:14 pm

I’ve had my kiln set up since October, and I still learned things from this video. Thank you.
My question is, why is it necessary to apply kiln wash before “burning off” a brand new kiln shelf? You’d think the binders and other components would be better able to burn off without kiln wash on it.
frenchinspiredjewelry

Postby yeruchem » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:43 am

So, we finally got a kiln and decided to put it in our garage. It is still crated. It is on the larger side and comes with a metal stand. I decided I wanted to put casters on the legs after receiving it in order to ease any moving we might ever need to do. Since we couldn't find one large enough to accommodate, we purchased two steel file cabinet dollies with locking casters and screwed them together and intend to mount the kiln on top. Any advice, comments, warnings before we go ahead with this? Thanks in advance.
Fraida
yeruchem

Postby marykaynitchie » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:24 pm

Do the casters have locks on them, so that the kiln does not roll away in an earthquake?

Mary Kay
Mary Kay Nitchie
Bullseye Glass Co.

Subscribe to Bullseye kiln-glass videos at
bit.ly/BullVideos
marykaynitchie

Previous

Return to Online Education