bullseyeglass.com • View topic - Expanding the Color Palette: Composite Colors

Expanding the Color Palette: Composite Colors

For discussion and commentary regarding the Lesson and Project videos of the Bullseye Kiln-Glass Education Online program.

Re: Composite Colors

Postby joliverre » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:27 am

Hi,
Whizzes by way too quickly to be informative. Fun to watch? :evil: Yes, but it is a product promotion video, not a lesson. I think Bullseye can do better than this for it's paid subscribers.
joliverre

Postby beadenalong » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:01 am

Years ago Bullseye put out a poster of something similar. Of course it did not have some of the striking colors they have now. I found it a very good tool for my students. It is over my desk in my classroom.
The video is well made like all of the videos they produce. If I like a certain color combination I can just jot the numbers down. I find it Easy. Thanks
Stacy
beadenalong

Postby lawwow » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:17 am

I too find this very difficult to follow.
lawwow

Postby Marcgordon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:39 am

Add me to the list of people that couldn't follow this lesson. The topic really didn't seem to lend itself to this type of format.
Marcgordon

Postby Roberta Ayles » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:18 am

I agree a sheet format would be more helpful than video. I have two posters, printed by Bullseye in 1994 one showing transparent over opal, one transparent over transparent colours, which I still find really useful. In those days there were only about 50 colours available (and we were thrilled!) Now, I guess a comprehensive set would take up a full wall. Perhaps it would be most helpful to focus on the reactive combinations, as there are no great surprises in overlaying non-reactive colours.
Roberta Ayles

Postby amandalucas50 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:33 am

Thanks for doing this composite project. I have been doing this on a small scale but it becomes expensive. All things be relative, my favorite way to get color information is by color chart. I love the way Bullseye presented the lineup of colors with the composite sheet numbers on each example. I, of course, paused and noted the numbers that make my favorite color combinations.
amandalucas50

Postby SSmith625 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:03 am

I agree........a tip sheet would be the ticket. While the video piques the interest, I agree that it is hard to follow.
SSmith625

Re: Expanding the Color Palette: Composite Colors

Postby gbuchanan18 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:46 am

Agree with eveyone else. It all goes by too fast to be very applicable. Tip sheet.
gbuchanan18

Postby jeanice2 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:23 pm

I imagine this video took quite some time and a lot of preparation, not to mention putting it altogether in a video. I think that needs to be recognized [enter applause here :!: ]. That being said I also agree with most everyone else. The "method" videos are so much more valuable and eagerly anticipated every month. (Especially for those of us who live 500 miles from any teachers or classes...)
jeanice2

Postby charlasartglass » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:27 am

I agree with the others, it is valuable information for a printed format but too hard to watch as a video. I also stopped watching after about the 3rd chapter. Did like the music though..at least for the time I was watching!
charlasartglass

PreviousNext

Return to Online Education