bullseyeglass.com • View topic - Expanding the Color Palette: Composite Colors

Expanding the Color Palette: Composite Colors

For discussion and commentary regarding the Lesson and Project videos of the Bullseye Kiln-Glass Education Online program.

Re: Expanding the Color Palette: Composite Colors

Postby Timmermanms » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:58 pm

I considered not chiming in, I too found it more like an old MTV Jazz video ( am i aging myself) than helpful. im fairly new and im sure with some of the co'lors you need different top fusing consideraions - I may be wrong.

Still a big fan of your videos

Shereen
Timmermanms

Postby valerie_adams » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:36 pm

While I think there's room for improvement like others have already mentioned, I didn't really have trouble with the lesson. I simply stopped the video and did screen captures of each color swatch, then compiled all of them into my own version of a poster to print.

Yesterday I went one step further and spent a little over two hours making the samples in 1.5" tile size. Thrilling to have 80 new colors to add to my work!

opal.jpg
OPALS
opal.jpg (213.31 KiB) Viewed 13554 times

transparent.jpg
TRANSPARENT
transparent.jpg (219.07 KiB) Viewed 13554 times
valerie_adams

Postby marykaynitchie » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Valerie,

Those samples and photos are just awesome! I hope we can print a poster someday, but it takes awhile to get things through the queue here--people just suggest so many good ideas!

Good on you for forging ahead by making your own new color samples!

Mary Kay
Mary Kay Nitchie
Bullseye Glass Co.

Subscribe to Bullseye kiln-glass videos at
bit.ly/BullVideos
marykaynitchie

Postby valerie_adams » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks Mary Kay! There's nothing like having actual samples to work with, in my opinion. Of course, as was the intention of the lesson, now my mind is reeling with all the other possibilities!
Valerie
valerie_adams

Postby delores » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:31 pm

To me this fits hand in glove with color theory from painting. I did have to pause to reflect on the numbers but the hold button made that easy and see if RGB or CMKY wheels were being applied. Since I work in custom frit blends it provides a base but not a direct road map but is a good springboard of info. I will need to test concepts through the platform of choice. But it has eliminated a lot of the work I'm going to be doing and provides a laser focus for me to fine tune for my needs since there are 360 color degrees and thousand of custom options by combining frit colors; you just cut my work in half and that is much appreciated! A process improvement to test tiling what you think works against known standards for cyan, magenta and yellow. My old method worked but was personal knowledge and my tendency went darker than needed so I think I'll save time there as well. Thanks Valarie for posting your test tiles appreciate your efforts as well.
delores

Postby rieff » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:30 pm

This was very difficult to follow. I kept waiting for an explanation as to combining colors and transparent glass. Would love a tip sheet.
rieff

Postby mksanders2020 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:50 pm

The music is Cordonnier Breakaway (Hodel & Terry's Summer Sun Remix).
mksanders2020

Postby Mzlight1 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:28 am

I agree with the other commenters who requested a chart that shows the colors used to create other colors. This video is more like a commercial for Bullseye than something people can actually use.
Mzlight1

Previous

Return to Online Education