Explore Santa Fe: The Artist's Journey, with Ted Sawyer
Explore the otherworldly beauty of the Santa Fe area! Bullseye is excited to offer a limited number of spaces in Explore Santa Fe: The Artist's Journey, a vacation package that combines the many pleasures of this historic city and its environs with the chance to further develop both your methodology as an artist and your kilnforming skills.
During this unique five-day experience you'll spend the mornings visiting natural wonders and powerful human-made environments, immersing yourself in them and photographing, drawing, and writing. The remainder of each day will be spent in the kilnforming studio working with artist (and Bullseye's Director of Research and Education) Ted Sawyer. Sawyer will guide participants through his complete methodology for making work using frit, powder, sheet glass and Painting with Glass methods. You'll move from inspiration, to distillation of ideas, to the development of tests, studies, and finished work.
Explore Santa Fe: The Artist's Journey package includes:
- Six nights at the Inn on the Paseo
- Breakfast and lunch provided, as are all glass and tools needed for studio work
- Daily field trips to powerful landscapes and other sites
- Innovative instruction in Painting with Glass materials and methods
- Guided development of your practice as an artist
- Insider tips on interesting shops, galleries and other features many visitors miss
- Evening tour of the art collection at Casa de Asterion (private home of Bullseye Glass owners)
Don't miss this opportunity to develop your artistic practice and enrich your kilnforming knowledge. Great for beginning to advanced kilnworkers as well as artists working primarily in other media. For more information, contact Bullseye Resource Center Santa Fe at 505-467-8951.
Santa Fe / Ted Sawyer / October 10-14 (CLS311-0001) / Thursday-Sunday 9am-5pm, Monday 9am-1pm / 8 students / $2450
|No Discuss is available|