Bullseye Glass Co. is taking BECon—its biennial international kiln-glass conference—on the road!
To complement the Glass Art Society conference—June 5-7 in San Jose—Bullseye will host BECon 2015: Fast Tracks in Kiln-Glass, a one-day whirlwind event for kiln-glass artists, designers, educators and enthusiasts at its 12,000 square foot Resource Center in nearby Emeryville.
“Holding an allied event was too good an opportunity to miss,” says Bullseye co-owner Lani McGregor. “And anything we can do to highlight the growing Bay Area glass arts community is really exciting.”
Get fired up for this year's GAS Conference in San Jose
- Fast-paced PechaKucha presentations by artists and experts at the forefront of kilnformed glass
- Technical displays by a variety of vendors
- Hidden Narratives, an exhibition featuring four artists (Erin Dickson, Jeffrey Sarmiento, Stacy Lynn Smith and Kathryn Wightman) at the leading edge of print-and-glass
- Demonstrations and other kiln-glass oriented activities
- Box lunch, coffee and beverages
- Evening festivities in true BECon style including BBQ, beer and wine
- Business of Glass
- Kid-Formed Glass
- Print-and-Glass Technology
- Erin Dickson
- Michael Endo
- Bean Gilsdorf
- Sandra Gross
- Allison Hoag
- Gordon Huether
- Louise Krampien
- Nicole Leaper
- Laura O'Quin
- Tessa Pappas
- Orfeo Quagliata
- Jeffrey Sarmiento
- Stacy Lynn Smith
- Greg Thompson
- Dardi Troen
- Nate Watson
- Jon Wayne
- Kathryn Wightman
(List subject to change.)
When: Wednesday, June 3
Where: Bullseye Resource Center Bay Area
4514 Hollis Street, Emeryville, CA 94608
Regular registration (April 1 to May 17) $195
Late/onsite registration (May 18 to June 3) $225
What is PechaKucha?
PechaKucha is a concise presentation format: Each speaker shows 20 images for 20 seconds each. The images advance automatically and the speaker talks along to the images. Each track will repeat once to give attendee a chance to see every presentation. We've added a 20-minute Q&A with the speakers at the end of each track.
Find out more at PechaKucha.org.
To sign up for regular updates, send an email with the subject line UPDATES to: