2014 Working Glass Prize Winners
President's Choice (selected by Bullseye President Daniel Schwoerer)
- Charlie Tellessen, Charity Reeves, Paul McNulty and Nate Baisch, Four Kilns
Director's Choice (selected by Bullseye Projects director Lani McGregor)
Functional (tiles, dishes, lighting, buttons, jewelry, etc.)
Three-way tie for Gold:
- Anton Hauptman, Serving Platter
- Kaley Finegan, Galaxy Bowl
- Paul McNulty, Does Adama Dream of Electric Toasters / Apollo's Revenge
Non-Functional (sculptures, wallpieces, etc.)
- Gold - Ryan Sharpe, Atomic Termination
- Silver - Todd Beaty, Birth of Dionysus
- Bronze - Jamie Grove, Blinding Masks
First Timer (for Bullseye employees who have never entered a Working Glass competition, regardless of hire date)
- Gold - Opie Hileman, Connect 2
- Silver - Andy Bixler, Tippy #2
- Bronze - Ilene Conde, Push, Play, Place
Congratulations to all winners! Visit our Flickr album to see photos from the awards reception.
An exhibition of artwork by Bullseye employees
December 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Bullseye employees do a lot with glass: melt it, roll it, sell it, package it, ship it, and teach you ways to work with it. But they also love working with it themselves, and Working Glass is proof.
This annual exhibition, which shows off pieces they've made after hours in the factory and in their own homes and studios, was held at Portland Resource Center gallery.